Blog Journal 10

 I think that data collecting tools are so extremely important in every field in order for the space to run efficiently. What teachers often forget is that no matter how well they believe they understand a concept, everything is for naught if they cannot communicate that process effectively to their students. The subtle hints that we receive from our class is sometimes not enough to properly judge their mastery over the subject at hand. And even when we ask there are two indistinguishable silences: the silence that indicates they got it or the silence that arises from being so confused they do not know how to address it. The best way to understand what your class needs is to give them an anonymous survey or one with a participation grade. 

The most interesting topic while reading other blogs was one about learning stem online. What I find so interesting about this is not only have I been pushed in this direction, so have many of my friends. Everyone talks about how it is the future and how all of these free to little cost programs online are all you need. Pretty weird considering people go to Ivy League  schools for it. 

The technology skill I would like to learn next is script writing. I know it isn't very 'education focused' but I am truly excited to dip my toes into that format. I believe it will help my writing in general, as writing dialogue is fun practice. And maybe future students will need to format a play or want help writing one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 3

new pln