Blog Journal 9

 I know this is not a popular opinion, but I am dreading returning back to in person classes! I find information to be much more clear online and I waste less time due to travel. I do think that distance learning requires independence on the students behalf, which may not be why teachers get into the profession. Many teachers like that personal connection and be an active role model in their students' lives, which is hard when the students are independently following typed instructions. Something that I found interesting from a teacher is posting like these updating vlogs available for their students where they run through local and national news about the pandemic. 

I love the concept of open educational resources. I believe this is the future. Collaborating with other educators is such a good idea for getting cool styles of teaching to other parts of the world. And because of the pandemic this is extremely helpful. 

https://creativecommons.org/

As for the powerpoint assignments, I have done many of these in my educational career. I have never done a choose your own adventure story. I was surprised about how easy it was. If anything I would have just increased the time I spent on the projects. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 3

new pln