Blog Journal #1

 My name is Zach and I am a lot of things. A son, a student, a human, a philosophy major; now a blogger. None of those things reflect me though. Most of them weren't choices. And even the thing that I did "choose" was not of free will. Philosophy just seemed fitting and university required for me to survive in this climate. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy what I study but what I actually want to be is a screenwriter for television. So this blog might be good practice for me. 

 I have definitely never done something like this before, and I am not sure why I haven't. There is something cathartic about putting your own creation out to the world for others to freely enjoy. I went to school during that weird transition to more technology based materials like computers and smartboards. And in college I of course learned more in depth about microsoft office programs. The problem with that was they were all solely graded by the teacher. Not to undervalue a teachers work, but students would gain from having their work be put out anonymously to people on the internet in this fashion. I realize there is a privacy concern but do teenagers even have the capacity to care about something like that? Social media says no. 

When I want to learn I go to YouTube where trillions of videos of content are uploaded. You see, giant networks like YouTube actually have their own economic function. Because there is so much content put out on the site, instead of paying for the service with money, you actually pay with your time. I see this as the future of teaching. Where the highest quality education is free to the consumer, easier for the supplier, and somewhat truly equal to all students. Of course you miss the connection of friends and mentorship that teachers provide, but that can be found elsewhere. If I cannot find information I need on YouTube though, I just resort to reddit where people comment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 3

new pln